I used the final product for our Christmas dining room tablescape, but I plan to use them on our fireplace mantel going forward. They're not just for the holidays!
- Find some cheap glass jars/canisters/vases in different sizes from Hobby Lobby or a craft store. Here's a few options:
- Clean your jars with glass cleaner before starting to remove any fingerprints/dirt.
- Make sure your tape is even all the way around the jar.
- Shake your spray paint can for at least 1 minute for each coat. If you have kids, enlist one of them to help with this. They love it, haha.
- Wait at least 5-6 minutes in between coats.
- Make sure to complete all coats within 30-40 minutes for best results.
- Take a magic eraser with a little bit of water on it to remove the excess spray from the glass where it's not supposed to be. Works like a charm and comes right off!
- After that's done, spray them with the glass cleaner again to remove any streaks from the magic eraser/water.
I sprayed ours in the garage and let them dry for a little over 24 hours. I added some copper wire string lights that are battery operated (Make sure it's *copper*! It really pops so much more inside of these jars).